Re: complete protein

> She
>asked where I get my protein and one of the sources I told her
was
>that corn and beans together make a complete protein.
>My extremely intelligent master degree sister didn't believe me
so
>I am looking for an official source to send her.
>I know that various vegetables, beans, carborhydrates have
different
>amino acids and that mixing the right ones together gives you a
>complete protein.

This is all an outdated myth.  Most all natural foods, including
plant foods, have all the essential amino acids in them and so
can be considered "complete".     You can find the American
Dietetic Association ( a consevrative organization mind you)
position paper on vegetarian  diets which will explain this and
give you references at

http://www.eatright.org/adap1197.html

jeff