Beans in the crockpot

I soak my beans overnight.  My crockpot is, I believe, 5 qts.  So I use 4
cups of dry beans.  Soaked overnight, they almost fill the crockpot. I toss
the soaking water, and put the beans in the crockpot with enough water to
cover them, plus about 1/2".  They don't expand too much after they've been
soaked.  Leave to cook on low all day.  In the evening, the beans will be
tender, but still whole.  You can drain them and use them like this for
salads, or if you want a mushy texture, just mash some of them with a spoon.

Melissa