blenders?

I'm planning to buy a blender for my daughter (adult) for her birthday,
and would appreciate any input.
brand
pros/cons of the model you use
what you wish your blender could do that other blenders might
...that sort of stuff...any ramblings or information welcome.
Thanks.  Barb B in Victoria, BC Canada

(and thanks again for all the great popcorn topping ideas -- yesterday's
snack was Bragg's Amino Acid sprayed lightly over the popcorn, then
sprinkled with engevita yeast -- sticks as well as with b-tt-r )