chestnut purees

There are two types of Chestnut Purees -- one is sweetened like
jam and is **very** sweet, the other is not, and is just pure
chestnuts in a mooshy form.  Both are found in France, the former
more easily than the latter.  I find the sweetened chestnut puree
pretty easily in the US, but not the unsweetened version.  Also,
I like cooked chestnuts like you find in France either in a jar
or in a vacuum packed bag.

Where do people find unsweetened chestnut puree in the US, and
has anyone found cooked, packed, plain chestnuts?  They are so
delicious all alone, and unfortunately too much trouble for me
to cook and shell.

Thanks!
Ellen

Ellen M. Sentovich
Cadence Berkeley Laboratories	1 510 647-2807 (office)
2001 Addison Street, 3rd floor	1 510 486-0205 (FAX)
Berkeley, CA  94704-1103		ellens@xxxxxxxxxxx

http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~ellen