Fwd: Fat free kitchens

Chelsea:
Thanks for your handy ideas. Being able to have good food readily available
is a good idea for many people and save them from grabbing something "fast"
but "fatty" or otherwise unhealthy. I really like my own food though and
usually cook in fairly large amounts, then portion it out and freeze it.
It's worht the extra work and before you know it, you have enough food to
keep you going for ages. It's also a great help when you have to cook for
others who do not share your idea of good food. You can just defrost your
own while you cook something the others would prefer. You'll often find that
doing this encourages others to try "our" kind of food just out of curiosity
and then find out that their tastes are becoming just like yours! I find it
easpecially good for the "staples" of a vegetarian-type diet; grains and
bean dishes especially. Who would want to cook rice or beans every time they
turn around, when you can cook a large batch, portion and freeze it and know
you donn't have to do it again for months and months! It's just too easy too
do it this way. I always keep lots of freezer bags and Mason jars around
(the Mason jars are wonderful and can be re-used forever.  I love this list!
You folks are great! Thanks.