Blueberry recipe

I'm surrounded by small fields of blueberries here in the Pacific Northwest.
My favorite way of using them is in a sauce.   It's especially delicious
over lemon sherbet or lemon sorbet.

3 cups of blueberries, carefully stemmed
2 tsp. molasses
1/3 to 1/2 cup sugar to taste
1 tsp grnd. cinnamon or ginger or 1/2 tsp grnd. nutmeg
Juice of one lime to taste
Rince the berries and put them in a saucepan with the water clinging to
them.  Add the molasses and sugar, starting with the lesser amount, and the
spice.   Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.  The berries should burst
and fall apart.   Taste, add the rest of the sugar if needed, and stir in
the lime juice.  At this point you can serve the sauce as it is, warm and
textured with fruit, or you can force it through a sieve to make it smooth
and serve it warm or chilled.   I usually double the recipe because we love
it and use it over pancakes as well as desserts.   Another favorite way to
enjoy is over sliced fresh peaches.

Marilyn Bruning, who waits anxiously for blueberries each year.