What the heck did I do???

Hello everyone, I'm very, very new at the fatfree and vegetarian diet.  I
tried a zucchini bread recipe and subsisted the oil with applesauce.  And the
eggs with an egg subsistute.  What I ended up with was a very heavy, brick
type of zucchini bread.  The flavor is good, but it has a doughy consistency,
but the bread if fully cooked?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  And
no blonde jokes, ie: my screen name...LOL

Patti
Wackyblnd2@xxxxxxx