Date: Sun, 23 Jan 2000 17:07:08 -0600
From: Kathleen <schuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Slow Cooker Chili Soup

D.H. thought that this was great.  I thought that it was too meaty and will
reduce the amount of Crumbles next time, to 8 ounces.  I bought the
Minestrone at Whole Foods, and the Chili Hot Beans were on sale at my local
grocery at 3/99 cents yesterday, which helped balance the $1.89 for each
can of soup.

Kathleen

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                          Slow Cooker Chili Soup

Recipe By     :
Serving Size  : 16   Preparation Time :0:00
Categories    : Beans And Legumes                Soups And Stews
                Vegetables                       Slow Cooker

  12      ounces        Harvest Burgers Recipe Crumbles
   1      tablespoon    red wine
   1      large         onion -- chopped
   2      cloves        garlic -- chopped
  16      ounces        Chili Hot Beans (such as Bush's) -- not drained
  45      ounces        Health Valley Minestrone Soup
                        (or other no-salt added Minestrone soup)
  30      ounces        water
  16      ounces        tomatoes with green chilis
   1      tablespoon    chili powder

Heat red wine in small saute pan, add onion and garlic and cook until soft.
 Put all ingredients in a slow cooker and cook on low for four hours, or
high for one hour and low for two hours, until hot and ready to serve.

1 cup serving:  86 calories, .3 g fat, 16 g carbohydrates, 7.2 g protein,
987 mg sodium, 2.7 g fiber.  WW= 2 pts.

Ruth C. Hoffman    ruth.hoffman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Language Resources
138 Oak Street
Lake Zurich, IL  60047-1322
Tel: 847.726.1608
Fax: 847.726.1652

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking
new landscapes but in having new eyes."  --Marcel Proust