rice pot concoctions

I have been asked for more info on the rice pot mixes we use
for travelling.  I don't have a recipe, I just toss things
in.  Seasonings and spices are interchangeable according to
your own taste.  Goes something like this:

for one serving - double for 2

1)
1/2 cup brown rice
1/4 or so cup red lentils
a tablespoon or so of dehydrated veggies (called soup mix in
the bulk section of my health food coop)
a teaspoon or so of veggie broth mix
then, add curry powder, chili powder, herbs and spices or
your choice.

 2)
1/2 - 3/4 cup Lindbergh rice pilaf mixture (contains several
kinds of rice and dried legumes)
more dried lentils if you wish, or yellow split peas,
season to taste

3)
1/3 cup bulgar wheat
1/4 cup tvp chili
1/4 cup dehydrated beans
chili powder
1 tablespoon dehydrated veggies

To these mixes, add about 2 parts water to one part mix, put
into the rice cooker and go.

The pot cleans easily if it soaks in hot water first.
Jan

lifeafterkids-subscribe@xxxxxxxxxxx
for interesting, interested women  in the
second half of life and living it well!