summer veggies

> looking for some ideas on how to add some zip to homegrown summer =
> vegetables, peppers, cucumbers, squash, etc.  they are abundant and so =
> good, but do not want to get bored.  don' mind hot stuff.  ideas welcome =
> and appreciated. thanks

I like to make sort of a pilaf, or 'rice pot".  I use grown rice and add
whatever veggies I have, the season it differently each time depending on my
mood, salsa stirred in is good, this then makes a good burrito filling!
Just add some beans.

Or season it with curry, or garlic and herbs.

You can chop up some peppers, freeze in a single layer on a cookie sheet,
then store in the freezer in a zip lock bag, great to add to soups, stews or
sauces all winter.

I like a steamed veggie salad, I steam veggies just barely done,
cauliflower, broccoli, squash, green beans, etc. then dress with herbs,
fresh lemon juice and a drizzle of flax seed oil. Flax seed oil has all
those good omega 3's that we would get from fish if we ate fish.
Jan