Re: Please help us clarify a question...

On Sat, 29 Jul 2000 03:22:41 -0700, Connie wrote:

>Kim,
>I am not a vegan or vegetarian either, but I do enjoy the list.  Can
>someone clarify if this is a strictly vegetarian list.  I thought when I
>signed up it was for a low fat/Fat free list.  Is it improper for me to
>post a recipe that has meat in it?  I do not mean to offend anyone by
>asking these questions, I just am hoping to find out so I dont start a
>war with a post that might list meat, ect...
>
>Thanks everyone in advance,
>Connie

   Yes, this is a fatfree *and* vegetarian list.  Michelle
Dick is the list owner, here's how she defines the list on
her website:

  From:  http://www.fatfree.com/FAQ/intro

   "This list is for discussion about very lowfat vegetarian
eating and cooking.  For this list, "very low fat" indicates
diets with less than 15 percent of calories as fat and
"vegetarian" includes milk, eggs, and honey but excludes all
meat, fish, and poultry."

  If you've not yet visited the website, there's a lot of
good stuff there:  http://www.fatfree.com

Cheers,
Pat Meadows