quinoa salad

I made this incredible salad from quinoa yesterday morning.  I think it's
best if you let the flavors mingle several hours before serving.  If someone
in your family really loves avocado, that can be added, but it adds tons of
extra fat to the otherwise lowfat recipe.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                               Quinoa Salad

Recipe By     : Ruthie
Categories    : Salads

   1      cup           quinoa
   2      cups          water
   1      whole         navel oranges -- diced
     1/2  cup           onion -- finely chopped
     3      tablespoons   balsamic vinegar -- white
     1/4  teaspoon      sea salt
   3      tablespoons   lime juice -- fresh
     1/2  cup           frozen corn kernels

Rinse quinoa well in water to remove saponin.  Put in a saucepan with the
water, bring to a boil, and simmer for 15 minutes.  Remove from heat, fluff,
and cool.  When cool, mix with remaining ingredients in a large bowl.
Refrigerate for several hours so flavors blend.  Serves 4 as a main dish
salad.