No onion

Hi everyone, and Marha in particular!

This is my first posting to the ff-list, and naturally I managed to send it
to a wrong address first. That's why this comes a bit late. Sorry about it.

As a reply to Martha Schneck's inquiry about onion replacements:

Have you tried celery, fennel or some other veggie with strong taste? I
often substitute onion with celery. I also like fennel, but it is rahter
expensive here in Finland.

It might be a good idea to look at cook books for yogis, as they do not use
onion. (Unfortunately I do not have one in English, only in German. Being a
Finn myself it is a bit difficult to start translating the recipies for you).

Greetings
Helena