Sweet Potato Stew

Am I going to get in trouble for using  the words "peanut" and "butter"?
Sorry, but I am trying to get some help here.
This recipe was in a vegetarian cookbook I got from the library.  Yes, I know
it has fat in it (just under 12 grams per serving), but can someone help me
with what to sub for the peanut butter.  It is an excellent recipe, but
doesn't at all qualify as lowfat. I don't use hydrogenated peanut butter, so,
if I let the oil separate from the peanuts would that do much of anything to
bring it in to the "lowfat" category.  I suppose that the quantity of peanut
butter could be cut down, too, but I am looking for creative ideas from you
all.

                     *  Exported from  MasterCook  *

                            Sweet Potato Stew

Recipe By     :
Categories    : Main Dishes

   1 3/4  pounds        sweet potato -- peel and cube
   1      whole large         onion -- cubed
   4      whole         garlic clove -- crushed
   2      tablespoons   minced ginger
   1      pound         cabbage -- cubed
   1      teaspoon      canola oil  (I used water - about 3 T.)
   1      teaspoon      cayenne pepper
   2      teaspoons     paprika
   1      cup           pineapple juice
   7      whole         plum tomato, whole -- chopped
     1/2  cup           peanut butter, smooth and unsalted
   2      tablespoons   fresh squeezed lime juice
     1/2  cup           chopped cilantro

Heat oil (water) in dutch oven.  Add onion and saute until soft.  Add garlic
and ginger and saute another minute.  Add sweet potato and cabbage.  Saute a
few more minutes, stirring occassionally (add water or veg stock as necessary
to stop from burning/sticking). Add paprika and cayenne, and stir well to
incorporate in to veggies.   Add chopped tomatoes and pineapple juice.  Cover
and simmer until potatoes are tender.  Add peanut butter, and stir well.  Add
lime juice and cilantro and serve.

Serving Ideas : serve with brown rice