Freezing apples

Bill,

Apple sauce freezes wonderfully.   I live in Washington State where apples
are like dandelions in numbers and we freeze them all kinds of ways.

When I start picking I start freezing.   First I peel and slice and make
pies, first soaking the apple sections in lemon juice and water.   I freeze
packages of  apple slices for other uses, also soaking in lemon juice and
water so they won't discolor and last, when all the really good apples are
gone, I start making sauce and freeze in pint containers----enough to last a
year and it holds up perfectly and is so much better than *store bought*.

Ciao,   Marilyn Bruning.