Cabbage & Grains

I had some leftover shredded cabbage and lentils with brown rice in the
fridge. Was wondering what to do with them when my 13 year old daughter
offered to make dinner (I was correcting exam papers). Well, she never did
(she ended up being on the phone and snacking). Now it's dinner time and DH
is coming home starved. I had just minutes to create a dinner that would be
satisfying and VLF. In this case, I made my portion FF.  Both of my children
smelled it cooking and asked for a taste even though they were aggravated
that it contained cabbage. They both ate a fair portion of DH's meal.

Cabbage & Grains

shredded cabbage mixed with carrot shreds
leftover cooked brown rice and lentils or millet
soy sauce (low sodium)

Spray pan with Pam type spray. Quickly saute the cabbage and grains. Stir
frequently and in about 3 mins. splash on some soy sauce. Stir some more and
serve.

The rice and lentils were tastier than the millet and that DH's portion was
stir fried in a tsp. of olive oil and he also had some bread with the meal.
He was happy and asked for an encore the next night. That's when I used the
millet. We both agreed that the rice and lentils were better, but the millet
was still passable.

Additional info:  Whenever I haven't gotten to my e-mail for a few days, the
first ones I read are FATFREE!

Holly