Baked Tofu

Here is how I baked tofu this weekend. It turned out awesome!

1. Take 1 block of extra firm tofu
2. Drain well (I did not freeze). I used clean paper towels and put about 5
thicknesses of towels down, put the tofu on that, covered it with more paper
towels, put a plate on that and pressed hard. I was too impatient to wait
long.)
3. Cut into thin (about 1/4 of an inch) slices.
4. Marinate it in something yummy...I like teriyaki or Yoshida's Gourmet
Sauce. I let it marinate for about 2 hours. Turn a few times in the
marinade.
5. Take out of marinade, save marinade for more tofu later.
6. Spray a cookie sheet with nonstick stuff. Put tofu slabs on sheet.
Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
7. Bake at 400 for about 30 minutes. Turn heat down to around 300 and
continue baking for another 30 or so. The idea is to get as much of the
moisture out as you can so the outside forms a kind of "rind" around a nice,
"meaty" middle.

I eat alone, or better yet eat in a sandwich with Nayonaise and lettuce. It
can also be used to jazz up stir fry...and is actually quite delicious that
way. Because it's been marinating so long, there is no flavor loss when it
cooks in the stir fry.