Found a popcorn popper with a crank.

> It seemed to be one of those "old-fashioned" things that are in catalogs,
> so I bet that someone who likes to surf the net could find one.
> Kay

Kay,
This 6 quart popcorn popper is from an Amish hardware store called Lehmans,
in NE Ohio Amish country.  It is expensive ($29.95--->free shipping on
$25.00+ orders), but the crank mechanism is warranted for 25 years! The
handle is made of hardwood to stay cool, unlike some other ones available.
http://www.Lehman's.com/   (enter popcorn popper in search)

Learning to cook fatfree...thanks to all of you,
Patty in Ohio