Re: Looking for good, easy tofu marinade

On Tue 02 May 2000, Hadass Eviatar <eviatar@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I've looked in the archives, but what I've seen either didn't take
> my fancy or took too long to make. I'm looking for a marinade which
> I can throw together in a couple of minutes at 10 o'clock at night!

I use good soy sauce mixed with fresh lemon juice, a few Tbsp water
and some finely-chopped garlic, whizzed in the blender if I can be
bothered getting it out. 1 minute to make, including squeezing the
lemon and chopping the garlic. The lemon juice gives it a slightly
cheesy flavour. You can add nutritional yeast to the mixture if you
like, but you'll need to add a little more water too.

Kake
--
Fatfree vegan recipes at http://www.ox.compsoc.net/~kake/cookery/fatfree.html