foaming in pressure cookers

I just bought a Fagor 6-quart pressure cooker. The instructions say to add 1Tbs. of oil for every cup of water when cooking rice or beans to keep down the foam. Since I am on less than 10% fat diet, this is unacceptable.

Any suggestions for a substitute will be appreciated.

Tom Lowe

--
Tom Lowe                            Judge a moth
Jackson, Mississippi                      by the beauty of its candle