Crockpot recipes

I love making dinner in the crockpot this time of year
? my teenagers routinely get home late from fall
school activities, and my husband and I don?t often
make it home before 6:30 or 7, so it?s a blessing for
all of us to have dinner ready and waiting. Following
is a recipe I like a lot (from the crockpot recipes
section of http://southernfood.about.com). Alas, it?s
one of the few that I have/use, since traditional
crockpot cookbooks (as well as the aforementioned
website) seem to focus on meat dishes. If any of you
have other ff veggie crockpot recipes to share, please
do!
Joyce/Portland

Garbanzo Stew
- 1 cup garbanzo beans
- 7 cups of water
- 1 coarsely chopped onion
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes, chunked
- 1 sliced carrot
- 1 sliced celery stalk
- 1 sliced leek (white part only)
- 2 cups of broccoli pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/8 tsp red pepper sauce
- dash of cayenne pepper (optional)

Place the beans and water in your crockpot and soak
overnight. In the morning, add everything else and
cook on high for 8 to 10 hours. This can be eaten in a
bowl by itself, over rice (or any other grain), or (as
my younger son prefers) glopped on top of baked
potatoes or a slice of fresh-baked bread (from the
bread machine, of course.)