Fat-free Feta Cheese - Recipe

Hi,

I like spiced feta on tomatoes and in salads.  Usually make this up as a
fatfree substitute.  I am going to try it in Karen Greenlees Stuffed
tomato recipe.  You can leave out the garlic and basil if the recipe you
are using calls for other spices.

Fat-free spiced Feta - Barb Beck

1 C very low fat cottage cheese
4 T vinegar
1 clove garlic pressed
finely chopped fresh basil
salt (optional)

Mix all ingredients and let sit for a few hours or overnight. Put in a
strainer lined with a coffee filter and press out a lot of the juice. (If
in a hurry omit last two ingredients add more vinegar and drain after only
a few minutes then stir in last three ingredients.)  Salt to taste.

You may need to adjust the amount of vinegar to more closely resemble the
feta you are used to.

Barb Beck
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada