FATFREE Digest V00 #287

my favorite sauteing medium?
There's no perfect one.  The oil spray is always great.  Or some cooking
wine (great because it's bottled in the fridge and won't spoil).  A
teaspoon of vinegar is goog for veggies bound for  stews and such.  If
your'e cooking with stock that day, reserve a little for the pan.

I want to reprint a recipe that I found here a while back:

"un-chicken" broth mix
1 1/3 cup nutritional yeast
3 Tbsp. onion powder
2 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp salt
1 tsp celery seed
2 1/2 tsp ital seasoning
2 tsp dried parsley

The directions say to blend everything except parsley together in
blender then add parsley.  I merely stir everything together and store.
This is like a boullion.
Add 1 tsp. of mix with one cup of water to make one cup stock.  Very
quick and easy
(and nutritious!).