Re: substitutions

> What are the "standard" substitutions for oil in recipes?

I always went 1:1, so if it called for 1 tablespoon of butter I would use 1
tablespoon of applesauce or pureed prune whip.

>What if the item is not sweet in nature, what would be the substitute then?

If it's something like "fry in oil" I usually use the fat-free cooking
spray, like Pam or store brand. Something like a bread recipe I just use
about half of the written amount and expect a dryer product.

Sue in NJ