RE: Great Northern Beans

Actually, Navy beans are also called pea beans, and are not the same as Great Northern beans -- GN beans are larger. I always thought GN beans were more like white kidney beans of some sort...

Faith

At 07:54 AM 8/22/01 -0500, Karl & Pam wrote:
>Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2001 16:01:18 +0100
>From: "Jones, Julie" <Julie.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Great Northern Beans

>I've got to ask - what on earth are Great Northern >Beans?!  I've never
heard
>of them here in the UK, and neither have my veggie >friends!  Does anyone
>know what the UK name for them is?  Or even the >species name - that would
be
>a start!
>Many thanks
>Jools

Jools, great northern beans are a white bean.  in the US we sometime call
them Navy beans or White Beans.  (They are not limas.)  HTH  Pam