Hot and Sour Greens

Someone asked about Michelle, the list owner.  I was wondering the same
thing, she hasn't written to this list in a long time.

Hot and Sour Greens (Eight Weeks To Optimum Health - Dr. Andrew Weil, M.D.)

1 pound greens (bok choy, kale, collards, or Chinese cabbage)
2 tsp oil ( I used spray of olive oil, I'm pretty sure its allowed on this
list, if not sorry use whatever is your favorite saute medium)
2 large cloves garlic, minced
1/4 tsp hot red-pepper flakes
1/4 tsp. dry mustard powder (you can omit this)
2 T. rice vinegar
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp light-brown sugar

1. Wash and drain greens, remove any tough stems, and slice leaves into 1/2
inch shred. (If using bok choy or Chinese cabbage, trim off the end, slice
stems 1/4 in. thick and leaves 1/2 in. thick.)
2. Heat the saute  mixture or spray in a skillet over medium heat.  Add the
garlic and red-pepper flakes and stir-fry for 1 minute.
3. Add the greens along with the mustard and stir to coat with the spices.
4. Combine the rice vinegar, soy sauce and sugar and add to skillet.  Cook
covered over medium heat until vegies are tender, about 5 minutes.

If you haven't enjoyed cooked greens before then you might just give this a
try, is is delicious.
Barb in FL