Miso v. Tofu

I have been advised as to the different miso available, and also that miso
looses its nutritional value when heated to extremes, better added after
cooling, etc. Yet, I have spoken with experts on tofu, and I questioned them
if tofu loose nutritional value when heated (this was before I joined the
list and heard of miso). I had been advised that heating/cooking tofu is not
injurous to its nutrients (isoflavones). This, therefore, is very confusing
to me as to which is applicable. I would like not to do the wrong thing and
obliterate the values of these foods.  Educated commentary, please.