Tuna Salad alternative

I simply love tuna mushroom casserole with rice or noodles, but now make it with artichoke instead of tuna. Artichoke has almost the same sort of flavor and texture elements as tuna and is a healthy vegetable. You can either use canned artichoke hearts packed in water that you chop up a bit or I buy wonderful artichoke bottoms, pre-cleaned and frozen, at my local Greek grocery. I think artichoke hearts would make a wonderful tuna-type salad. Now if I could only stand the taste of fat-free mayo....