Re: Apple Sauce in Baked Goods

I have done a great deal of experimenting using apple sauce, prune puree, butter buds and finally settled on a mix of butter buds and fat free mayo for cakes and cookies. I didn't like the results with the fruit purees because of the taste they imparted. Whatever substitute you use you inevitably won't get the same texture as you get using any fat but the taste can be very good.

My 2 cents worth.

Kelly