gassy beans, salty beans

<< Is Konbu saltless?  I never put salt in my beans until the last 15
 minutes of cooking, following a traditional mexican recipe, so was leery
 of the Nori.  Don't know anything about seaweed, obviously...salt water,
hummmm.

I think this is as good question, as I read years ago that salt should not be
added to beans until they were virtually done cooking.  Apparently, if put in
too early, salt is supposed to toughen the skin of the beans in some way,
make it harder to produce a a tender cooked bean.

Terry