cilantro v coriander

Hello...This question was in one of the liquid smoke letters and
I never saw an answer, so I will give my response.

Coriander is the seed, and cilantro is the leaf, either dried or
fresh.  I have the dried cilantro, and the coriander seed.  I use
the coriander in my Indian-style recipes and the cilantro in the
Mexican-style recipes.  I read they are not interchangeable
and I have never tried.  They do smell different.

Bye...Elizabeth