Re: Margarine

At 10:36 AM 9/22/01 -0400, you wrote:
What do you use for margarine?  Please suggest brand names of very low fat,
dairy-free margarines.  Thanks.

I don't know that there are many low-fat margarines out there (they're all pretty much 100% calories from fat anyways, unless they're adding in fillers), and the few that exist taste a bit odd to me. For what use do you want it? If for a bread or muffin spread, I use jams or fruit spreads, hummous (chickpea spread, which can be made fatfree), or just plain nothing at all.

If for baking, I substitute applesauce in most places I would normally use margarine or butter.

If for frying, I use non-stick pans, a little water, or a scant teaspoon of olive oil.

Faith