Re: Weight Loss & Lentils & Rice recipe

I sent this to Peggy then noticed several other weight loss-related posts
so am risking sending this to the list to avoid further mis-postings.
Please forgive me.

Those you who are interested in weight loss might be interested in the
fat-loss support mailing list.  Lately there's been a heavy emphasis on
exercise, but eating issues are also often discussed.  The group is a nice
mix of folks who are struggling in the fatloss game (like me!) and others
who have "made it" but are committed to maintaining their new lifestyle.
It's a very supportive, upbeat list with a focus on a healthy life style,
not just weight loss.  To join, send the message "subscribe
fatloss-support" to majordomo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Hope to see you there!

Now, so this post is not entirely off-topic, I was in the mood for some
comfort food this weekend, and came up with the following that fit the bill
exactly.

Lentils & Rice

In a rice cooker dump:

2 cups brown rice
1 cup brown lentils
1 28 oz can tomatoes, chopped fine
1 green pepper, chopped
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 onion, diced
2 large cloves garlic
1 tsp (or so) of thyme
a few squirts of Braggs Aminos (soy sauce would work just as well)
a few twists of ground black pepper
a pinch of cayenne pepper
4 cups water

Stir a little.  Cover, turn on the cooker and wait for the "ding."  Add
more aminos or soy sauce to taste.

Notes:
1)  This recipe could, of course, be cooked equally well on the stove or
any other way you cook rice.  Probably even a slow cooker would work.
2)  The possible variations are nearly infinite--just add vegetables and
seasonings as your taste and pantry/refrigerator suggest.

Debbie