Carmelized Onions

Vaylor writes . . .

. . . I recently went to a local pizza restaurant and was served a
pizza with
"caramelized onions" . I wasn't excited but after trying them, found
out that they were DELICIOUS.  Does anyone know how they are made and
what fat content would be?  I couldn't tell if oil was used . . .

Vaylor, carmelizing onions typically does use oil, however, it can be
easily done without oil.  Just put the onions into a non-stick pan over
medium hi until well browned.  Add water as needed to keep pan from
getting too dry or the onions sticking . . . This adds a lot of flavor
to dishes using onions, I do this all the time and then add it to
stews, soups, dhals, mashed potatoes, etc.