Quick meals and steaming peppers

Hi, all,

Hope everyone had a nice holiday, with or without SAD altercations.

Our favorite quick meals are:

Southwest Rice (brown rice cooked with chopped onion, usually leftover,
frozen corn, salsa and either leftover black beans or canned)

Nuclear acorn squash (from this list - microwave a halved, scooped acorn
squash 6-7 mins. on HIGH, chop a nice, tart apple while you're waiting.  When
done, fill cavities with chopped apple, sprinkle with sugar and nuke another
6 mins.)

Boca burgers, black bean burgers with salsa, or veggie hot dogs with V8 juice
in a real pinch.

BTW, some absolute genius of laziness on here mentioned microwaving bell
peppers for a few minutes and then putting them in a paper bag to steam the
skin loose.  I did it right the first time (another quick meal on ww bread
with garlic and basil!) and was thrilled but then forgot how many minutes to
nuke them the next two times and, well...you can guess.  Please tell me again
how long to leave them in, lol?  Thanks a million.