Re: gas troubles (what a topic!)

At 12:49 PM 7/20/97 -0400, gwydion@xxxxxxx wrote:

>I'll tell a stranger one and admit that I'm only 99.9% vegan...the other
>day I broke down and had a (forgive me for mentioning it) cheeseburger. (I
>weaken and have a burger maybe once every 3 months.)  Well, I guess my body
has >finally really adjusted to being 99.9% vegan, because that cheeseburger
>resulted in _horrible_ gas pains. (After this experience I may not find
>myself craving that burger; nothing like a negative experience.)

Don't feel bad about slipping, I'm sure most of us have done it one time or
another.  Personally, I ate a piece of chicken once and it gave me the
*worst* heartburn that I'd had in my life.  Like you said "negative experience".

>On the other hand, I can now eat my weight in beans, green vegetables, cabbage,
>broccoli, etc...and never have a problem.  Maybe it's just a matter of
>giving your body more time to adjust?  What does anyone else think?

I agree completely!  It just takes time....and a *very* understanding family! ;)

Monica L. Tittle  hstrynut@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.geocities.com/athens/6715