Re: Breakfast

Felicia wrote,

> I am in a time pinch when it comes to breakfast . . . I would love some
suggestions!

I have a 1 quart crockpot in which I prepare hot cereals the night before.
I need to spray with PAM to keep the sticking to a minimum, but oatmeal and
any whole grain can be cooked slowly overnight and served with added
sweetener, dried fruit, or whatever toppings you like the next morning.
There are so many grain possibilities and this size crockpot is ideal for a
small family.

Also, make up batches of whole grain pancakes, waffles and muffins, freeze
and micro in the a.m.  How about leftover rice pudding or bread pudding? Or
a fresh fruit compote can be cut up the night before and served with LF/FF
yogurt.

There is a great little recipe book by Nikki and David Goldbeck called _The
Good Breakfast Book_, lots of ideas!  It is vegetarian and recipes can be
easily adapted to
LF/FF.

Sandee Ritter
adritter@xxxxxxxxxxxx