Re: Convenience Foods

I've been following the Ornish plan very closely since January 2, with a
minimum of real cooking, although reading the postings here is inspiring me
to get out the pots and pans.

I keep rice and couscous mixes in the house, the ones with seasonings and
some dried veggies.  I cook the mix in my rice cooker w/o adding any butter
or oil, and then steam some veggies in the microwave.  Some of the mixes
come with lentils, so the mix plus the veggies makes a good meal.  I also
keep Health Valley beans in the house, the ones that are seasoned.  They
make really good toppings for microwaved sweet potatoes.