Re: sushi questions

Yes, takuan is the name for the pickled daikon (btw if you
care, the really bright yellow ones are yellow with food
coloring!).  Oshinko is meant to be the generic name for
all types of pickles.

"age" to me implies the tofu is deep fried....?    But maybe
they don't use enough to matter.

To stay on the topic of suggesting fillings, I remember in Japan
they have sushi with cheese & meats too.   So try your favorite
Yves coldcuts with some nonfat cheese!  IMHO best maki fillings
are things assertive enough in small quantitites to flavor the
maki.

Aiko