Re: rice cookers and brown rice/grains

[Rachel]
> I have been wondering if anyone has tried cooking any grain besides rice
> in one of these.  I doubt beans would work--anyone know?  It would be
> nice to get some more use out of it.

I have a similar rice cooker/veggie steamer with the two bowls and such
(mine's by Sunbeam).  I definitely cook beans in there in addition to
rice.  Seems to take a bit longer than cooking them on the stove, but I
don't have to be standing over the stove.  I make lentils often - 1 cup of
lentils, 1 1/4 cups water, 50-60 minutes works for me.