oven-fried green tomatos

Hi all,

Someone mentioned fried green tomatos recently.  I slice the tomato,
sprinkle with a pinch of sugar and salt and pepper and dredge in corn-
meal.  Then I place them on a 'pam' sprayed sheet and bake in a
preheated oven at 450 F  for about 10 min (or maybe a few min
more), turning once.

They actually crisp up nicely like their less healthy name sakes.
You can, of course, use any spices on them you like.  I do find that
the pinch of sugar helps cut the bitterness of very-green tomatos.

Thanks to all for great ideas,
Pam D.