Re: FATFREE Digest V97 #251

Karen,

>Unfortunately I have absolutely no access to Stevia sweeteners in
>Singapore... it's not available here, but I'll be makinga trip to NYC in
>Nov, and you bet I'll be cargoeing  tons of that stuff back!!

It's also common in Japan.  However, don't get tons.  A small 1 or
2 oz. container of the powder will do you nicely, perhaps for the
rest of your life.  This stuff is majorly sweet.

Stevia also has an aftertaste that I don't like.  It might do better
in a baked dish than on cold cereal, but I don't know that.

I have to say that the zucchini brownie recipe that someone posted
here is quite satisfying with very little sugar (my body does not
handle sugar well at all and I rarely have any).  I used 1/3 cup of
sugar in this recipe with 2 cups of flour and 2 1/2 cups of grated
zucchini and 1 1/2 smashed bananas.  I would use more sugar if I
were planning to offer it to company, but the 1/3 cup for a whole
pan of brownies is great for me.  (Especially since I cheated and
used some walnuts--sugar and dairy are bigger problems for me than
fat, but not on this list.)

Doris