cookbook

I got a cookbook yesterday called Fat-Free Mix'N Match Meals and
though I have not tried anything in it yet, I can say it looks
wonderful and can't wait to try a few recipes. It is pretty much
vegetarian with a couple of shrimp recipes and it looks like
substitutions can easily be made to make most of them vegan. It is
called Mix'N Match because there are 3 categories; appetizer, entree,
and desert. Each page is divided into 3, one part for each category so
you can flip to any recipe for each one to create your own
combinations. The publisher is Ottenheimer Publishers Inc, I bought it
from Avon so I don't know what stores would carry it.
Here's an appetizer from the book that I might try tonight...

Mediterranean Mushrooms

1 pound fresh tomatoes
2/3 cup red wine
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 clove garlic, minced
Cinnamon
Salt and pepper
2 shallots, finely chopped
1 tsp rosemary leaves
2 tbsp raisins
12 oz small mushrooms

Peel the tomatoes by dropping them into boiling water for 10secs,
transfer them to cold water and peel & chop. In a small saucepan,
combine tomatoes, wine, tomato paste, garlic and a pinch each of
cinnamon, salt and pepper. Simmer for about 8min. Add shallots,
rosemary, raisins and mushrooms and simmer a further 5min or until
mushrooms are just barely tender. Serve warm or cold. Serves 4.

Heidi