recipes & bugs

n response to the bug situation:

I use some guidelines when purchasing and storing cous cous, rice and
pasta.
First, I buy packages in bags and not boxes when possible. It is easier
for bugs to get in a box than an airtight bag.  Remember that you don't
know how long the package has been on the shelf in the store.
Secondly, I store these in rubber storage containers, which are
airtight.  Finally, I keep them stored in the refrigerator.

I want it to be as fresh as possible.

In addition you may not want to purchase the cous cous at the store you
went to.