Favorite eggplant recipe

Hi, all,

I've posted this before but it's not in the archives, so I'm reposting it
again for Jeremy and the other newbies.  This is incredibly simple, and so
good that I rarely have any left when I bring it to SAD potlucks.  To me,
that's the true taste test.  And no bitterness to be found anywhere.

Nuclear (Microwave) Ratatouille

1 medium eggplant, washed and diced
2 medium zucchini, washed, quartered lengthwise and sliced
1 large onion, large dice
2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
1 large (28oz.) can sliced stewed tomatoes, divided
2T Italian herbs
Crushed red pepper, optional

Chop and place the veggies in order in a LARGE microwaveable casserole dish
with a cover.  Separate out the tomatoes from the juice in the can and add
them to the casserole.  (The veggies give up their juices while cooking and
can make a mess.)  Save the juice to add back in later.  Cover the dish and
nuke on HIGH for 25-30 minutes.  When done, stir in the herbs and as much of
the reserved tomato juice as you like, and re-cover for 5-10 minutes.  Serve
with rice, pasta, small white beans, baked potatoes, ww pitas, bagels,
tortillas and refried beans, or just by itself!!  It really is that good.