Homestyle Lentil Pie

20 oz floury potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
2 tbspns soya milk (or as needed)
2 oz mature fatfree cheddar type cheese
Seasoning

For the filling
1 onion finely chopped
2 garlic cloves finely chopped
1 carrot diced
5 oz red lentils
1/2 pint vegetable stock
1 large tomato roughly chopped
1 oz frozen peas
2 tbspns fruity brown sauce.

1. Cook the potatoes in a large pan of lightly salted boiling water for
about 10 mins until tender.
2. Meanwhile cook the onion garlic and carrot in some stock for about 2
mins.Stir in the lentils and rest of stock.Bring mixture to the boil and
boil rapidly for 5 minutes
3. Add the tomato peas and fruity brown sauce to the lentils, reduce the
heat and cook for a further 5 - 8 mins until the lentils are tender but not
mushy
4. Preheat the grill to high.Drain the potatoes well and mash with the soya
milk and cheese.Season to taste.
5. Season the lentil mix and spoon into a heatproof dish.Fork the mashed
potato over the filling and cook under the grill until the mash is crisp
and golden.

There are several variations to this but I'm not sure how long I can make
this post so I'll send a separate recipe.

Regards
Maralyn