Re: bananas

Try it again some time.  The peel scrapes off the banana easily with a butter knife.

I don't peel them first because by the time I am ready to throw the banana in to the freezer, it is very, very ripe and falls apart if I peel it then.

I guess there are two kinds of people in the world--those who peel the bananas before they throw them into the freezer and those who don't.   Both kinds are neat people anyway, IMHO.

Neil N. Bernstein
Professor of Law
Washington University
St. Louis, MO 63130
bernsten@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
314/935-6408
314/935-5356 (fax)

On Fri, 30 Oct 1998 09:58:43 -0600, you wrote:

>I don't know why everyone peels bananas before they freeze them.
>It is a pain to peel a ripe banana and it is also trouble to store.
>I just throw the banana into the freezer, skin and all, when it starts
>going soft, and then peel and eat when I am ready.   It is much simpler
>that way.

I have done this before and I had to throw it in the trash.
Once the peel froze to the banana it would not come off.
I always peel bananas before I freeze them.  It only
takes a minute to peel them all and stick them into
a bag.