2 of my favorite things

Here are 2 of my favorite recipes of all time.  P stands for points, under
the British Weight Watchers system, so please egnore if you don't follow
this program.  Branston pickle, is a sweet pickle sandwhich spread.
  For the lady who was looking for meals to freeze, I freeze both of these.
Also, I make up tubs with the cooked pasta underneath, and the chile on top,
so when I need a meal in a hurry, I just wap it in the microwave and it's
lovely!

Love Shell
North Wales

 Fruity Root Soup
Serves 4
just under 1 P per serving or 3 1/2 for whole pan.
1 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and chopped
1 Onion, peeled and chopped
2 Stalks celerey, chopped
6 oz potatoes, peeled and chopped 2 1/2
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
Tin tomatoes, any
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped ½ P
Juice of one large orange 1/2
1 stock cube
1 heaped TSP marmite
Handful fresh basil, or 1 TSP dry
handful fresh coriander, or 1 TSP dry
Salt and pepper to taste
Water

Place all ingredients in large pan, cover with enough water so that the
vegetables are floating.  Boil for 30 minutes until all vegetables are soft.
Liquidize, then thin out to desired consistancy with more water.   Freezes
well.

Vegetable Chile

Serves 4
11 1/2 P for full pan, just under 3P  per serving
1 tin tomatoes, any
2 carrots, grated
1 onion, peeled and chopped
4 oz potatoes, peeled and chopped 1.5 P
4 oz sweed, peeled and chopped
1 red pepper, deseeded and chopped
4 tbsp sweetcorn 2 P
2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
1 large tin red kidney beans, drained. 6.5 P.
2 chile peppers, chopped with seeds, or 1 tsp dry chile powder
1 apple, peeled, cored and chopped ½ P
3 heaped tsp branston pickle 1 P
1 heaped tsp marmite
1 heaped tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste

Throw all into pan and boil for about one hour.  Or, slow cooker for about 6
hours.