The olive question

I am the other extreme when it comes to olives!  I love any kind of
olive.  Recently I was visiting a friend in Berkeley, CA and we shopped
at a grocery store called Andronica's....they have an olive bar with
about 20+ types of olives that you could sample.....it was like
heaven....indeed olives are high fat, but it is the best kind of fat you
can consume so as long as you take it easy with them....ENJOY LEARNING
THE NEW TASTE SENSATION!!!!

Donna from the Northwoods of Wisconsin

> brrgrrl@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> >
> > I'm starting to get over my fear of olives.  I've always pushed
whole olives away if they co
me in a salad I get at a restaurant, but recently I had a deelish vegan
pizza here in NY and it
had teeny, tiny bits of olives and I really enjoyed the bit of zip that
they added.  I'm still n
ot ready for a plateful of whole sour olives, though.  Too intense.  So
my question is:  are the
re different kinds of olives like there are peppers, with varying
flavors?  Would someone tell m
e what the mildest-tasting olive is?  I'd like to try adding little bits
to salads, etc., but I
want to start out slow ;-)