Re: fresh cherry cookies?

Haven't been able to find a cookie recipe yet?  This one's close?

Cherry Oatmeal Muffins

Perfect for breakfast-on-the-run or lunchbox treats.

Makes 12 muffins
Calories per muffin: 159 calories
Total fat per muffin: 5.2 grams; 18 mg cholesterol
Percent fat from calories: 29%

1 cup old-fashioned or quick-cooking oats, uncooked
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup Þrmly packed brown sugar
11/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 egg, slightly beaten
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup frozen cherries, coarsely chopped

Put oats, flour, brown sugar, baking powder and nutmeg in a large mixing
bowl; mix well. Combine buttermilk, egg, oil and almond extract in a small
bowl. Pour buttermilk mixture into oats mixture; stir just to moisten
ingredients. Quickly stir in cherries (it is not necessary to thaw cherries
before chopping and adding to batter).

Spray muffin pan with non-stick spray. Fill muffin cups two-thirds full.
Bake in a preheated 400-degree oven 15 to 20 minutes.